Friday, June 26, 2009

Countdown to September 13

As much as I love Target, I have never been able to shop their clothing section (I know, I'm a terrible Minneapolite), that is, until now.

The lookbook for Anna Sui's Gossip-Girl inspired line for Target (available September 13) leaked this morning on NewYorkMag.com, and I was shocked.

I have always approached the high-end designer for low (low)-end price lines for Target with mixed feelings. I almost bought a bag from the Hayden-Harnett line, but my dilly-dallying about whether or not I wanted to buy a bag that not only everyone else would have, but that even those that didn't would know was PVC, left me with almost no selection. I'm glad Target (and the designers) are willing to offer the masses access to labels, but to me, most of the luster of wearing a designer dress is lost when everyone else is too. I will pay $300 plus for a dress because I know it will be the only one for miles around my closet.

But for this line, I don't care. I want them all. Yes. All. Or at least all of the Blair ones, and maybe even a Jenny and Serena. Vanessa has never been my style, so I won't pass judgment.

My favs are #'s 3, 5, 8, 17. Take a look at the slideshow, and let me know what yours are in the comments!

P.S. If you like them, you better be waiting in line, because for Target prices I might just buy every single one off the rack to ensure exclusivity. I think Blair would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment