Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Via's Vintage Review

One of my goals for this summer is to get out of my mall and department store comfort zone and explore the many independent boutiques and vintage shops around the metro area. I hope to visit one new shop each week, and of course document my travels here!

The first place on my list was Via's Vintage. Not too far away from BF's apartment, I walked over there one afternoon last week and was excited for my first vintage experience.

While the store was quirky and fun to walk into, I was somewhat disappointed in the amount of selection available. For such a big store on the inside, there was a lot of empty space.

I understand however that vintage stores are completely vulnerable to what people choose to bring in and what they can randomly find, so I was willing to forgive a small selection as long as what was there was fabulous.

So, was it fabulous? I will say it had promise. While I didn't find anything to spend my money on, I got a vibe that if I start stopping by every so often I might just happen upon something amazing.

The honest truth: I found a few amazing pieces that I was very excited about, until I realized they were on the wrong size rack and would swallow me whole. For such a small selection, I was disappointed the clothes were so unorganized. The worst feeling a shopper can get is finding something they love and then realizing it was put back in the wrong place and would never fit. Especially in a vintage store where everything is one-of-a-kind, it was disheartening.

This week I am hoping to make my way over to Cliche. I might even stop by tonight to see if I can find something for their fashion show tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment