Monday, June 8, 2009

Review: The Melting Pot

Friday night was double-date night for me, the BF, and one of our best couple friends. We had been trying to get together and go out to MP for awhile and finally secured a reservation downtown last week.

I had always been a mild fan of fondue, gladly accepting when invited to fondue parties or dinners, but have never planned or made my own. BF had never even heard of it before (he needs some grooming, yes), but was excited nonetheless.

After finally figuring out the menu, we opted for the "Big Night Out", a four-course event with cheese, entree, and dessert fondue and a salad.

The food was amazing. Fortunately (or unfortunately), they give you plenty of dippings so you can keep eating and eating. By the end of the entree course, I was stuffed. But not stuffed enough to forgo chocolate, and one s'more-filled fondue pot later I was done. While the food was heaven, it was exhasuting. I had been hoping for a little bar-hopping post meal, but the entire group was ready to turn in after expending all our energy eating.

Oh well. It was worth it.

While fabulous, I'm still not sure it will be a regular occurence. Rarely do I endulge so much, and I don't think my waistline could handle much more than a trip every six months or so. Save it for special occasions.

Oh, and the bathrooms? B- I was hopeful, but upon walking in I saw paper strewn all over the floor, enough so I had to look behind me on the way out. It was saved somewhat though with the nicely presented linen towels for hand-washing and incredible all-over marble decor. At least for now, not a deal-breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment