Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Review: Cliche

Next on my list of authentically Minneapolis (and St. Paul) places to visit was Cliche. I should feel ashamed for never visiting the fabulous boutique until last week, but its inaccessibility by public transportation made that hard until I bought my car this month.

After a few minutes in the shop I realized my error. Cliche is well worth a few transfers and a small walk. At first I was a little flustered at the racks upon racks of clothes, dreading the flick-through that would only reap a few alright pieces. I was amazed when I loved every single piece I saw on rack number one, and continued to find gem upon gem in later racks.

Another concern that was quickly relieved was the quality of the local designer pieces. While I had seen a few lines during MN Fashion Week, I was worried about how they would transfer to ready-to-wear and if they would be quality enough to stay intact for longer than a runway walk. Designers such as Emily Weich and Carmichael Claith immediately stood out to my feminine and whimsical eye, although it was hard to discern them from the many other fabulous pieces I saw.

Not only was the selection plenty and the goods quality, the prices were right! The tags on lovely frocks and tops were much more reasonable than their New York-counterparts (as much as I love them). While last week's trip was strictly research, I am headed back today with my credit card armed and ready.

I hope an adorable pink dress by designer Emily Weich is still available. I am hoping to wear it to the Poolside Fashion Show this Thursday night! Who will I be seeing there and, more importantly, what will you be wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment