Monday, June 22, 2009

A Socialite's Weekend...Or Not

This weekend looked good for stepping out in the social-lite, but the best laid plans...

Thursday had me hopeful after the Vita.MN poolside show. My fashion-show buddy and I were a bit shocked at the sheer number of people (we expected a more intimate setting) but we took our row two seats at the end of the runway and tried to stay away from the masses, and the girl who backstabbed me in college standing (yes, HA!, standing) less than five feet away the whole show (except for when she and her friend tried to take two front row seats that were quickly claimed by people who actually paid for them.)

I adored so many of the looks they showed, it is going to be hard to narrow it down to just a few, but here are my favorites (all pictures taken by Alex Uncapher and provided by Vita.MN):

See what I mean? Masses of people.

The cover look. Love the pink top.

Absolutely Audrey.

So socialite.

Emily Weich design. I'm heading to Cliche this week to pick it up!
Perfect summer work attire.
Loving this Max Lorbach.

The teal and navy color combination was my favorite of the night!


I would have loved to stay for the after-party, but with a dermatologist appointment at 8 a.m., I wanted to keep my skin as fresh and non-boozy as possible.

Friday I had planned to spend the day with my mom, but some current family drama changed my plans, and so the BF and I spent the evening shopping for Father’s Day presents and dining with friends. Another early night for an early morning of…

Car shopping. Yes, that’s right. I spent my Saturday dealing with skeezy car salesman for my BF. Another greatest girlfriend ever award goes to Minneapolite. We test drove six cars at four different dealerships, and found a few that we liked. My favorite was the Acura TL, but BF didn’t see the point of spending extra money for useless toys (see how much I have to teach him?). He didn’t buy anything, so this week I am searching online for a TL with a few less bells and whistles and a better price.

Saturday night I was hoping to convince BF the Symphony Ball was the way to go, but nu uh, we were headed to the Hennepin County Fair and the demolition derby. Socialite ranking just plummeted. Although I spent most of the evening trying to cover my face (both from being seen and the mud flying everywhere), I did enjoy the crunching sounds of cars crashing just a bit. But not much. We also had a classic romantic moment when we took our post-derby Ferris Wheel ride and the fireworks started just as we reached the top. Cue the “ahhh”s and the sappy music.

Sunday was Father’s Day, and I spent the day with BF’s family watching the Open and eating hamburgers.

So the socialite ranking this weekend was low…but I still had (some) fun. There is always next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment