Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where were you?

I was sitting at Happy Hour at Brits. I was in a bar when I heard the King of Pop died. And good thing too. The death of Michael Jackson deserved a toast (or five).

The regularly planned schedule of this blog was supposed to be a recounting of the HH with some fun new friends, but really the only thing that comes to mind about my night is thinking how weird it is that Michael Jackson doesn't exist in the same world I do anymore.

It's not that he had a huge effect on my life, or that I listened to his music everyday, or that I even really respected him all that much (the child abuse turns me off).

But, I will never forget my high school marching band's rendition of Thriller, out on the football field, and even the tubas were dancing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment