Friday, July 17, 2009

No Food For Me

Ok, so not really. I am still eating. But I might as well not be.

Last night I was laying on the couch, watching TV, and suddenly I noticed my skin was pudging out in new places. This worried me enough to step on the scale… bad idea.

So now I’m on a diet. I want to lose at least 10 to 15 pounds, maybe even 20 for that little extra insurance cushion. While I’m no nutritionist, or even all that knowledgeable about how to diet, here is my plan:

Fruits, veggies and chicken. For as long as it takes.

This means until I lose the weight, I will be eating a piece of fruit for breakfast, a piece of fruit or a salad for lunch, and a salad with some chicken or just chicken for dinner. Also, I will drink lots of water (and maybe the occasional diet pop), and take daily vitamins to make sure I keep getting the nutrients I am missing out on with my limited diet.

I came to my conclusion because I know fruits and veggies are healthy and not fattening (some of them, like apples, even help you lose weight!). Also, I know I need some protein, so I threw in the chicken because I feel like it’s the best option. Maybe, at the point I get really tired of chicken, I can throw in the occasional turkey or fish.

Does this seem like an idea that will work? Does anyone have any good tips or suggestions? Let me know!

P.S. Sorry to any readers who might have been confused, the sale going on today that I mentioned in my "Decisions, Decisions" post is NOT at GH2, but their original and feeder store Grethen House (also more expensive). This doesn't really change my plans, but it might change yours! Sorry for the confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment