Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

I received a paycheck today (momentary break for a WHOHOO), but as fun as it is too see my account balance go up a large amount with one entry, now the hard part begins. What do I do with it?

With a steady income this summer and not many steady bills (the joys of being young and living cheap), I really want to focus on spending my money smartly and planning how to use it rather than just heading to the mall and blowing it every payday. Although that can be fun. Can I plan one paycheck for that? Hmm.

So, here are the options for this bi-weekly cash inflow. I think I know how it will go, but if you have any opinions, comment away!

Option #1: Beauty Products
If you haven't surmised from earlier posts, my skin and I are in a constant war against each other. This not only means I need make-up (lots), but I also need very specific kinds of make-up that won't cause a revolution of my pores. For many years I used Benefit products, but then seemingly overnight their concealers and foundations were so oily they might as well have been mixed with gasoline. Since changing, I have gone back to Clinique (from the early days when the most Mom would let me wear was a bit of peachy blush), to grocery store brands, to the latest- M.A.C. I know how everyone raves about M.A.C., but personally, I'm not liking it. It is very cakey, which is fine for nights out on the town, but sort of odd for mornings in the office. For my next round, which I am going to need sooner than later, I'm kicking it up a notch. Here's what I'm looking at:

Chanel Base Lumiere, $42

Chanel Brillance Pur, $45

Chanel Poudre Cristalline, $60

Chanel Correcteur Perfection, $40
Nars Blush in Orgasm, $25

Chanel Le Sourcil De Chanel, $65

Chanel Les 4 Ombres De Chanel, $56
Chanel Le Crayon Kohl, $27


Obviously, I would never get it all at once. But if I could have any make-up bag, that would be it.

Option #2:

Spa day. Or at least a spa half day. I could use a massage and maybe a facial or a mani/pedi, so I'm thinking about making an appointment(s) with my girls over at the Minneapolis LifeSpa. A 60 minute massage along with either a facial or a mani/pedi would probably run me around $200.

Option #3:

Haircut/Dye. I'm going to need a haircut soon, and have been thinking about having my color vamped up again for a while now, so this is a possibility. However, I really want to look fresh for fall, so I might just wait a month on this and have it done then. Cut and color will cost about the same as a spa day, $200.

Option #4:

Save it until Friday and head to GH2's 70 percent off sale! With my check, I should be able to pick up a few pieces, and anything at GH2 is fabulous.

The Decision: I think I shall wait until Friday and head over to GH2. I will check out the sale, see how many things I can't live without and then with (if) any leftover money I will head to the Nordstrom beauty counter for the essentials (foundation, eye shadow and maybe blush). Unfortunately, pampering (spa day and hair care) will have to wait for the end of the month.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment