Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Weekend Re-Cap

This weekend, specifially May 15, was my birthday! And don't even think about asking how old I am.

I always enjoy when my special day can fall on a weekend. While I always have a "birthday weekend" for celebrating, it makes it much more fun when part of that weekend is your actual birthday.

Friday night my family took me out for dinner, followed immediately by a long night out with BF and friends drinking and dancing. Drinks were paid for (not by me, of course), shots were taken, and hilarity insued for most of the evening until BF and I collapsed into our favorite cabbie's car and I proceded to tell him my drunken life story on the $10 ride home.

Saturday normally would have been a day to recover, but because it was my birthday weekend I instead spent the day with my parents and BF trying out my birthday present: golf clubs. Nine holes proved that new clubs don't make you Tiger Woods, but they do help a little. Even still, by the 7th green I was feeling lack of sleep, and after quadruple-bogieing the ninth, BF and I headed home and crashed. Note to self: If you want to go out two nights in a row, don't go golfing in between.

Today is going to be the relaxing day I missed yesterday. Plans are watching TV and movies and vegging out on greazy foods. Maybe when the BF gets back from golfing (his goal is 30 rounds this summer) I will drag myself to Art-A-Whirl which unfortunately had to take a backseat to the festivities.

Birthdays are my favorite parts of the year. I feel like birthday excitement fits on sort of a bell-curve. As a child, you are excited about your birthday, but because the attention is on you the majority of the year, birthday's are just the day you get to eat cake. However, as I get older and realize the world is less and less about me (tragic, really), birthdays are the day that I finally get the attention and recognition I crave. I know someday I will dread the passing of one more year, but for now, I'm enjoying the high.

No comments:

Post a Comment